Friday, October 6, 2017

Keeping Track of the Years . . .

We all agree that whether they are our children or grandchildren . . . time flies - they grow up so fast!
                                                                                                                                           Sigh . . . .

For my grandson's Third Birthday I made a chalk poster documenting his favorite things . . .





his other favorite thing is to swing.  So taking the picture of him in front of the swings was perfect!

My daughters idea . . . . . have to confess :-)  So two things are remembered in this memory making art,

  what he looks like at three and what his interests were  . . . .

 I used chalk for this, it's what I had with me at the time.    I have read where others have used

Crayola florescent markers.  They do draw well on the black poster board.  But on this day I awoke

early and was down at the beach securing our spot for the party!!  It was such a great weekend.

 Now his sister's birthday is coming up soon and I saw another idea




 doing the same thing in Photoshop.  But needed a background . . . .  so I googled a background of

old wood and then just wrote out her favorite things and instead of doing it for her birthday I am

writing about First Grade and adding the year.   these are actually her Kindergarten favorites so will

change this for my book I am going to make her.  But you get the idea, right?

  I have  6 grandchildren and digital folders on each, either one of these ideas are great for

documenting the years . . . such fun times and before I know it I will have a collection of great

memories to place in a book for each of them!        HS Graduation here we come!




No comments: