Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our Be-Witching Party!

My mom is 85 and she has always played bridge with these gals for years they take turns hosting the luncheon and last week was her turn.  We chose a witch theme, sending out this invite :






and accessorizing it for the party with the following witchy feet for our napkin silverware holders. Plus pinning them to ribbon we made a bunting to decorate the fireplace. and table scape.




So to start our tutorial I drew a boot pattern based on the invite boot.
I used a card stock and simply cut that out then placed it on the black felt, pinned it on and cut 12 pairs of boots out.  Originally I was going to zig zag around them even buying a new sewing machine! But alas, typical for me I was last minute Annie and could not get the automatic threader on the machine to work. 



We were headed down to LA to see our children for a trip to the pumpkin patch so grabbed the embroidery floss and hand stitched around all 12 of them.  It actually went quite quickly and I loved the look of it.  I used a variegated green on six of them and a variegated orange on the other six. 
 I drew a W on all the Boots on one side with glue and added either orange or green ribbon and two dots of glue for the buttons.  I ended up using Skittles for the buttons 
bc buttons were just more money and I had the skittles sitting there on my counter.
Next year I will probably have to replace them but they will just pop off!
The bright color of the Skittles I loved I was very happy with the effect.
 Adding Dollar Tree Napkins for the socks was the perfect touch, I added my place setting of fork and soup spoon and knife to the boot atop each plate.  Loved the over-all effect!  And so did my mom, I could tell she was so pleased.

  


No comments: